How to Apply
We are delighted that you have chosen to apply to Temple Baptist Academy. Since its establishment in 1971, the Academy has existed to encourage families committed to fulfilling the biblical mandate to raise their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. The Academy holds and teaches the essential doctrines of the Christian faith as embraced by the historic Baptist position. Parents agreeing with this philosophy and desiring to seek admission for their children to the Academy should follow the steps outlined below. We are looking forward to meeting you and your child.
We are now accepting applications for the 2014-15 school year. For more information or to obtain the necessary admissions forms, please call our Office of Admissions at (865) 938-8181 or to SUBMIT AN INFORMATION REQUEST CLICK HERE.
A COMPLETED APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION consists of the following steps:
1. Submit the Enrollment Application Form and pay the student processing fee – A non-refundable Student Processing Fee of $25 is to be submitted with the enrollment application form.
2. Request school records – Copies of previous school(s) records including any educational and diagnostic testing, transcripts (for grades 8-12), report cards and standardized test scores (from the last two years) are to be submitted (not applicable for Kindergarten students).
3. Submit a copy of the applicant's birth certificate and immunization record – A copy of the applicant's immunization record is required. Immunizations records must include month, day and year of each shot, and the health care provider's signature or stamp.
4. Submit a family photo
5. Complete and submit the parent questionnaire
6. Have your pastor complete and submit the Pastoral Reference Form
7. Submit any additional special documents - If divorced, the most recent copy of all court documents signed by a judge and notarized regarding custody and educational decisions.
Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old by August 15th of the year for which they are applying.
An interview appointment is made with the parents and a school administrator once an application has been submitted. This interview is an opportunity for parents and administration to discuss the philosophy of the school, answer questions, and assess whether our program meets the needs of your family.
Status of official acceptance is communicated to all families. Please note that only a signed Contract of Enrollment along with payment of the enrollment fee guarantees enrollment for your child.
While Temple Baptist Academy accepts applications year-round, in order to ensure the best possible opportunity for acceptance we recommend that you have your application completed by or before April 15.
The re-enrollment deadline for current students is April 15. If your child is accepted and if space is available, a Contract of Enrollment will be sent June 1, and you will be given a deadline to respond. After April 15, applications are still accepted, however, applicants would only be placed as space is available.
Temple Baptist Academy is striving to make a Christian education available to every family that is willing to commit to paying a portion of the tuition. Application for tuition assistance is made online through the third party FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment at www.factstuitionaid.com. This third party assessment process provides the school with a need-based financial aid evaluation.
Applications are due by April 15 of the year for which application is being made. Financial assistance decisions will be made by or before June 1st and notification will be sent soon after that date.
To review the policy governing financial aid awards, click here.
Any questions regarding the financial assistance application process may be directed to the Academy office at (865) 938-8181.
Tuition Refund Program
The Tuition Refund Program is designed to protect the tuition investment of those families who have enrolled and paid a partial tuition, but find themselves unable to attend Temple Baptist Academy for specific reasons. More information on this program can obtained from the Business Office.
Temple Baptist Academy admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color and national or ethnic origin in administration of its education, admissions policies, tuition assistance, athletics and other school-administered programs.
If you have additional questions, please contact our Office of Admissions at (865) 938-8181.